HH20/033, Mental Health Support WorkersJob ref: HH20/033
- Job ref:
- Mental Health Support Workers
- Hours per week:
- Various hours
- Rate of pay:
- £9.00 per hour
- Contract terms:
- Closing Date:
- 31 Jul 2020 23:59
We provide an outreach service across Angus working with people in their own homes and the wider community. We provide support to people with mental health issues, substance misuse and learning disabilities. Our services are flexible and responsive to ensure that the individual needs of people we support are met using a person centred approach.
- The role of Support Worker will include;
- Delivering a high standard of care to individuals in line with their outcome plans.
- Providing support to individuals with day to day living, in order to help achieve positive outcomes in life.
- Providing support and encouragement to enable them to participate and enjoy any leisure and social activities.
- Be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Be positive and empathetic in your approach and be highly enthusiastic
- Be able to support others with tasks such as cooking, cleaning, budgeting and attending appointments
- Be well organised with good time keeping skills
- Be able to demonstrate transferrable skills relevant to care
- Be flexible in respect to shift patterns as early mornings, evenings and weekend working are a requirement of the post.
- Be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post
- Hold a valid UK driving licence
- Pension Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Death in Service Benefit
- Comprehensive Health and Well-Being package
- Organisational Recognition and Reward Scheme
Note: Experience of working in a care role is not essential, we will provide you with the training you need to do the job. We are looking for candidates who have the right values, behaviours and attitudes to work effectively with people who need care and support.