HH21/RSW - Perth, Relief Support WorkerJob ref: HH21/RSW - Perth
- Job ref:
- HH21/RSW - Perth
- Relief Support Worker
- Hours per week:
- 0 hours
- Rate of pay:
- £9.30 per hour
- Contract terms:
- Closing Date:
- 31 Dec 2021 23:59
Our services are are based at Glasgow Road and Perth Outreach Service.
Perth Outreach operates 7 days a week between the hours of 8am to 6pm. The service, on a predominantly lone working basis, supports a broad range of difficulties: including learning disabilities, autism, mental health, physical disabilities, drug and alcohol and complex emotional support.
Glasgow Road operates 7 days a week between 7am and 11pm and includes a sleepover shift. The service is closed for 5 weeks per year, normally 1 week in Easter, 2 weeks in summer and 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year. The service supports young adults from 18 years to 30 years with a broad range of learning difficulties in shared accommodation, but also in accessing community based services.
- Your primary role is to be person centred, maximise people’s involvement in the support they receive and to help people achieve positive outcomes in life.
- You will assist with personal care, taking medication and maintaining and developing independence skills such as encouragement of hobbies and interests.
- You should have a positive approach and be highly motivated and enthusiastic in your role as a Support Worker. You should possess the ability to lone work and be able to work as part of a team.
- Possess an SVQ 2 in Health and Social Care or have the willingness to work towards this qualification
- Be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post
- PVG costs paid in full
- Flexible working patterns
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Free core training provided on site
- Savings Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Organisational Recognition and Reward Scheme