HH21/033, Support WorkerJob ref: HH21/033
- Job ref:
- Support Worker
- Hours per week:
- Various hours
- Rate of pay:
- £9.50 per hour plus Company Benefits
- Contract terms:
- Closing Date:
- 25 May 2021 23:59
We provide a range of support services across Dundee. Providing support to people with learning disabilities and those who are experiencing mental health issues and substance misuse. Our staff provide support to people within their own homes, on an outreach basis and within our 24 hours per day 7 days a week services.
The role of the support worker will include:
- Delivering a high standard of care for individuals in line with their care plans.
- Providing support to individuals with day to day living in order to help people achieve positive outcomes in life.
- Providing support and encouragement to enable individuals to participate and enjoy leisure and social activities.
- Experience of working in a care role is not essential, full training will be provided.
- Be a good communicator, both written and oral.
- Be able to support individuals with tasks such as cooking, cleaning, budgeting and attending various appointments.
- Have good time keeping and organisational skills.
- Be able to demonstrate transferrable skills relating to care.
- Have the right values, behaviours and attitude to work effectively with people who need care and support.
- Have a positive flexible attitude along with SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, the equivalent qualification, or be willing to work towards this.
- Be required to obtain registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post.
- PVG costs paid in full
- Flexible working patterns
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Free core training provided on site
- Death in Service Benefit
- Comprehensive Health and Well-being Package
- Organisational Recognition and Reward Scheme