HH21/059, Support WorkerJob ref: HH21/059
- Job ref:
- Support Worker
- Hours per week:
- Various hours
- Rate of pay:
- £9.50 per hour
- Contract terms:
- Closing Date:
- 24 May 2021 23:59
Hillcrest Futures provide a range of care and support services across Dundee. We provide support to individuals with learning disabilities and those who are experiencing mental health issues and substance misuse.
Our staff provide care and support to individuals within our residential services 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. We also provide provide care and support to individuals within their own homes on an outreach basis between 7.00am and 10.00pm, 7 days a week.
As a Support Worker, you will:
- Deliver a high standard of care to individuals in line with their care plans;
- Provide support to individuals with day to day living, in order to help them achieve positive outcomes in life;
- Provide support and encouragement to enable individuals to participate and enjoy leisure and social activities;
- Support individuals with tasks such as cooking, cleaning, budgeting and attending various appointments;
- Have access to further learning and development opportunities and specialised training in response to the needs of service.
- Be a good communicator, both written and verbal;
- Have good time keeping and organisational skills;
- Be able to demonstrate transferrable skills relating to care;
- Have the right values, behaviours and attitude to work effectively with people who need care and support;
- Have a positive flexible attitude along with SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, the equivalent qualification, or be willing to work towards this;
- Be required to obtain registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post.
- PVG costs paid in full
- Flexible working patterns
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Free core training provided on site
- Generous mileage allowance for client visits
- Savings Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Comprehensive Health and Well-being Package
- Organisational Recognition and Reward Scheme