HH21/091, Support WorkerJob ref: HH21/091
- Job ref:
- Support Worker
- Hours per week:
- Various Part Time hours
- Rate of pay:
- £9.50 per hour plus Company Benefits + £500 Retention Payment
- Contract terms:
- Closing Date:
- 10 Aug 2021 23:59
£500 Retention Payment!!
You will receive £500 if you are successfully appointed with Hillcrest Futures
£250 on successful completion of your 6 month probation period
£250 on successful completion of 12 months service
Our Priory Outreach service provides housing support and care at home for individuals with complex drug and alcohol issues who may also have other difficulties including; challenging behaviour, forensic needs, mental health difficulties, cognitive impairment and a physical disability.
The service provides practical support to individuals to maintain their tenancy and provide a safe and secure environment. The service also provides support to help individuals participate in social activities and access resources in the community relevant to their care and support needs.
Your role as Support Worker will include:
- Providing emotional support when the person you are working with is feeling low and supporting people to access further support services;
- Supporting the delivery of Opioid Substitution Therapy (OST) to people who are unable to do so themselves due to health needs;
- Working as part of a friendly and supportive staff team to provide the highest quality of care;
- Receiving training to effectively carry out your role including drug and alcohol awareness and naloxone training.
- Be passionate about working with people to help them overcome their challenges and support their recovery;
- Have good communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Hold an SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or have the ability and willingness to undertake this qualification;
- Be flexible in respect of shift patterns as these will include; early mornings, evenings and weekends;
- Be required to obtain registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post;
- Have a full driving licence and use of your own vehicle.
- PVG costs paid in full
- Savings Scheme
- Flexible working patterns
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Free core training provided on site
- Generous mileage allowance
- Death in Service Benefit
- Comprehensive Health and Well-being Package
- Organisational Recognition and Reward Scheme