HH21/130, Peer Support WorkerJob ref: HH21/130
- Job ref:
- Peer Support Worker
- Hours per week:
- Various hours
- Rate of pay:
- £9.50 per hour + Company Benefits + £500 Retention Payment
- Contract terms:
- Closing Date:
- 04 Aug 2021 23:59
£500 Retention Payment!!
You will receive £500 if you are successfully appointed with Hillcrest Futures
£250 on successful completion of your 6 month probation period
£250 on successful completion of 12 months service
Hillcrest Futures are looking to recruit a Peer Support Worker to the Angus Mental Health Peer Support Service. This post will work with individuals in Angus and will support young individuals aged 11-16.
Peer Support Workers are expected to support young individuals by sharing their own lived experience of mental health challenges as well as supporting them to access a range of community activities that will benefit their mental health and wellbeing.
The role of Peer Support Worker will include:
- Supporting young people with less complex mental health challenges on a one-to-one basis;
- Providing a brief intervention as well as support to young people in order to link with others supports and activities in their local community.
- Have personal lived experience of mental health challenges as a young person or be able to relate your own experiences to young people;
- Have experience of supporting people and knowledge of mental health in the Angus area;
- Be self-motivated and able to work under your own initiative.
- Free access to a comprehensive Health and Well-being Package, including wellness assistance with programs for on-line fitness
- Free access to on-line discounts for well-known retailers
- Recognition and Reward Scheme
- Flexible Working Patterns
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Free core training provided
- Death in Service Benefit
- Savings Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- PVG Costs Paid