HH21/131, Support WorkerJob ref: HH21/131
- Job ref:
- Support Worker
- Hours per week:
- 18 hours
- Rate of pay:
- Company Benefits + £500 Retention Payment
- Contract terms:
- Closing Date:
- 04 Aug 2021 23:59
£500 Retention Payment!!
You will receive £500 if you are successfully appointed with Hillcrest Futures
£250 on successful completion of your 6 month probation period
£250 on successful completion of 12 months service
Dundee Housing with Care service operates across four sheltered housing schemes in Dundee. Providing care and support to older residents or those with underlying health conditions within the sheltered housing complexes. The service provides a range of support to meet the needs of the individuals and enable them to stay in their own homes for as long as they wish.
- Delivering a high standard of care and support for individuals in line with their outcome plans;
- Providing support to individuals with day to day living in order to help people achieve positive outcomes in life;
- Supporting individuals with daily tasks including; cooking, cleaning, intimate personal care, prompting and administration of medication;
- Providing support and encouragement to enable individuals to participate and enjoy leisure and social activities;
- Communal cleaning and health and safety of the buildings.
- Share Hillcrest Futures Values;
- Have a passion for working with older people;
- Be a good communicator, both written and verbal;
- Be organised with good time keeping skills;
- Able to demonstrate transferable skills relating to care;
- Have the ability to lone work and be able to work as part of a team;
- Be flexible in respect of shift patterns as these will include; early mornings, evenings and weekends;
- Be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post.
- Free access to a comprehensive Health and Well-being Package, including wellness assistance with programs for on-line fitness
- Free access to on-line discounts for well-known retailers
- Recognition and Reward Scheme
- Flexible Working Patterns
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Free core training provided
- Death in Service Benefit
- Savings Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- PVG Costs Paid
Note: Experience of working in a care role is not essential, we will provide you with the induction and training you need to do the job. We are looking for candidates who have the right values, behaviours and attitudes to work effectively with people who need care and support.