HH21/132, Support WorkerJob ref: HH21/132
- Job ref:
- Support Worker
- Hours per week:
- 39 hours
- Rate of pay:
- £9.50 per hour + Company Benefits + £500 Retention Payment
- Contract terms:
- Closing Date:
- 06 Aug 2021 23:59
£500 Retention Payment!!
You will receive £500 if you are successfully appointed with Hillcrest Futures
£250 on successful completion of your 6 month probation period
£250 on successful completion of 12 months service
Queen Mary Avenue provides 24 hours a day, 7 days a week residential support to 8 female individuals who have a variety of support needs including mental health and addiction issues. All individuals have previously been homeless or have been threatened with homelessness.
As Support Worker, you will:
- Work with individuals to build positive relationships to assist them to tackle the issues that led to their homelessness;
- Provide support for individuals focused on recovery, daily living skills and moving into their own tenancies;
- Crisis intervention will be required due to the complex nature of the client group.
- Be confident in dealing with a homeless client group and have compassion and understanding for the issues homeless people face;
- Hold an SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or have the willingness to undertake study to achieve;
- Be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post.
- Free access to a comprehensive Health and Well-being Package, including wellness assistance with programs for on-line fitness
- Free access to on-line discounts for well-known retailers
- Recognition and Reward Scheme
- Flexible Working Patterns
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Free core training provided
- Death in Service Benefit
- Savings Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- PVG Costs Paid
*Please Note - this post is exempt under section 7 of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975, therefore only female candidates will be considered.