HH21/164, Support WorkerJob ref: HH21/164
- Job ref:
- Support Worker
- Hours per week:
- 39 hours
- Rate of pay:
- £19,266 per annum + Benefits + Retention Payment
- Contract terms:
- Closing Date:
- 30 Sep 2021 23:59
£500 Retention Payment!!
You will receive £500 if you are successfully appointed with Hillcrest Futures
£250 on successful completion of your 6 month probation period
£250 on successful completion of 12 months service
Portman Street is a twenty four hour, seven days a week emergency supported accommodation based in Glasgow south side for thirty men who are homeless. We are a registered housing support service.
Individuals have a wide variety of support needs including, but not limited to, mental health issues, substance misuse and learning disabilities.
As a Support Worker, you will:
- Work with individuals to build positive relationships to assist them to tackle the issues that led to their homelessness;
- Provide support for individuals focused on recovery, daily living skills and moving into their own tenancies;
- Need to arrange crisis intervention due to the complex nature of the client group.
- Be confident in dealing with a homeless client group and have compassion and understanding for the issues homeless people face;
- Hold an SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or have the willingness to undertake study to achieve;
- Be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post.
- Savings Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Patterns
- Generous Mileage Allowance
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Comprehensive Health and Well-being Package
- Free access to online discounts for well-known retailers
- Death in Service Benefit (up to three times your salary)
- Cycle to Work Scheme (great savings from 25% - 39% on bikes and accessories)
- Tech Scheme (great savings of up to 12% on a range of over 5,000 products including tablets, televisions, fitness trackers, phones, games consoles and kitchen appliances)