HH21/013, Support WorkerJob ref: HH21/013
- Job ref:
- Support Worker
- Hours per week:
- Various Full Time and Part Time hours
- Rate of pay:
- £9.50 per hour plus Company Benefits
- Contract terms:
- Closing Date:
- 31 Dec 2021 23:59
Driving licence and use of a vehicle is essential – Applicants who do not drive will not be considered for interview.
Our Dundee Homecare Service provides a high level of care and support to older people within their own homes in Dundee, through a variety of assessed and scheduled visits from one visit per week, up to four visits per day.
In return we offer team members a two week rolling rota with alternating weekends off, full shift payment (not just client contact time), mileage payments, in-depth induction process as well as ongoing learning and development opportunities, a generous employee health package and much more.
The role of the Support Worker will include providing practical support with day to day tasks such as:
- Personal care (including intimate personal care);
- Medication prompting;
- Meal preparation;
- Developing and sustaining warm, respectful relationships with the individuals we support.
- Have professional experience within a similar setting or personal experience with a loved one or family member;
- Have a positive flexible attitude;
- Have a positive and empathetic approach in caring for and supporting vulnerable individuals;
- Hold an SVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care, or have the ability and willingness to work towards achieving this;
- Be required to obtain registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post.
- Savings Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- PVG costs paid in full
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Flexible working patterns
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Free core training provided on site
- Full shifts paid not only for client contact
- Generous mileage allowance for client visits
- Comprehensive Health and Well-being Package
- Organisational Recognition and Reward Scheme