HH21/080, Support Worker (Female Only)Job ref: HH21/080
- Job ref:
- Support Worker (Female Only)
- Hours per week:
- 39 hours
- Rate of pay:
- £19,266 per annum plus Company Benefits
- Contract terms:
- Closing Date:
- 15 Jun 2021 23:59
Queen Mary Avenue provides 24 hour a day, 7 days a week residential support to 8 female service users who have a variety of support needs including mental health and addiction issues. All service users have previously been homeless or have been threatened with homelessness.
As Support Worker, you will:
- Work with our service users to build positive relationships to assist them to tackle the issues that led to their homelessness;
- Provide support for service users focused on recovery, daily living skills and moving into their own tenancies;
- Crisis intervention will be required due to the complex nature of the client group.
- Be confident in dealing with a homeless client group and have compassion and understanding for the issues homeless people face;
- Hold an SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or have the willingness to undertake study to achieve;
- Be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post.
- PVG costs paid in full
- Flexible working patterns
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Free core training provided on site
- Savings Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Comprehensive Health and Well-being Package
- Organisational Recognition and Reward Scheme
*Please Note - this post is exempt under section 7 of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975, therefore only female candidates will be considered.