HH21/RSW - Glasgow, Relief Support WorkerJob ref: HH21/RSW - Glasgow
- Job ref:
- HH21/RSW - Glasgow
- Relief Support Worker
- Hours per week:
- 0 hours
- Rate of pay:
- £9.50 per hour plus Company Benefits
- Contract terms:
- Closing Date:
- 31 Dec 2021 23:59
Our Services are based at Portman Street and Queen Mary Avenue in Glasgow. The individuals we support over both services have a wide variety of support needs including, but not limited to, mental health issues, substance misuse and learning disabilities.
Portman Street operates twenty four hours a day, seven days a week emergency supported accommodation service for thirty men who are homeless.
Queen Mary Avenue** provides residential support for eight females who are homeless.
In the role of Relief Support Worker you will:
- Be to build positive relationships to assist individuals to tackle the issues that led to their homelessness;
- Provide support focused on recovery and daily living skills to enable the individuals we support to work towards moving into their own tenancies;
- Provide crisis intervention due to the complex nature of the client group we support.
- Be confident in dealing with a homeless client group and have compassion and understanding for the issues homeless people face;
- Possess an SVQ 2 in Health and Social Care or have the ability and willingness to work towards this qualification;
- Be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post.
- PVG costs paid in full
- Flexible working patterns
- Holiday Allowance
- Free core training provided on site
- Death in Service Benefit
- Organisational Recognition and Reward Scheme
** Please Note – Relief posts at Queen Mary Avenue are exempt under section 7 of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975, therefore only female candidates will be considered.