HH21/093, Support WorkerJob ref: HH21/093
- Job ref:
- Support Worker
- Hours per week:
- 39 hours
- Rate of pay:
- £19,266 per annum plus Company Benefits
- Contract terms:
- Closing Date:
- 25 Jun 2021 23:59
Dryden Street service is part of the Resettlement Services. The Dryden Street service is based in the Pilrig area in Leith.
The service works with men and women aged eighteen years old and over, and is a temporary supported accommodation service for people who are classed as having multiple and complex needs who are homelessness.
This means that people in additional to experiencing homelessness will also be have or are experiencing addictions, behaviours and trauma.
As a Support Worker you will:
- Be required to develop and maintain open and honest working relationships with the individuals who you are supporting;
- Provide support to individuals to enable them to achieve their goals and work on the areas of their lives that they want to change and, or learn or re-learn skills;
- Provide support in order to assist individuals to find permanent move on accommodation;
- Support individuals in the service and in their own homes. Where assessed as required, we can offer individuals some support as they move from the accommodation into their own homes.
- Have a positive flexible attitude;
- Have the ability to lone work and as part of a team
- Work Monday to Friday as per the service rota;
- Be required to take part in the on call rota and work evenings and weekends as required;
- Hold an SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or the ability and willingness to undertake study to achieve this;
- Be required to obtain registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post.
- PVG costs paid in full
- Flexible working patterns
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Free core training provided on site
- Savings Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Comprehensive Health and Well-being Package
- Organisational Recognition and Reward Scheme