HH21/034, Support WorkerJob ref: HH21/034
- Job ref:
- Support Worker
- Hours per week:
- Various hours
- Rate of pay:
- £9.50 per hour plus Company Benefits
- Contract terms:
- Closing Date:
- 30 Apr 2021 23:59
Our Priory Outreach service provides housing support and care at home for people with drug and alcohol dependencies who may also have other support needs uncluding complex behaviour, which may be hazardous to themselves or others. Other areas of support include forensic needs, mental health, cognitive impairment and physical disability.
In your role as a Support Worker you will:
- Build relationships with the people who use the service and create support plans to achieve positive outcomes using a person centred approach.
- Assist with daily living tasks including supporting an individual to go shopping, preparing and cooking meals, budgeting, administering medication and organising appointments.
- Provide emotional support when is the person you are working with is feeling low and supporting people to access further support services.
- Support the delivery of OST (Opioid Substitution Therapy) to people who are unable to do so themselves due to health needs.
- Receive training to effectively carry out your role including drug and alcohol awareness, naloxone training.
- Work as part of a friendly and supportive staff team to provide the highest quality of care.
- Be passionate about working with people to help them overcome their challenges and support their recovery.
- Have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have the ability and initiative to work on a lone working basis as well as part of a team.
- Have good time keeping, time management and organisational skills.
- Hold an SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or have the ability and willingness to undertake this qualification.
- Be flexible in respect of shift patterns as these will include; early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Be required to obtain registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post.
- Have a full driving licence and use of your own vehicle.
- Pension Scheme
- Savings Scheme
- PCG Costs paid in full
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible working patterns
- Free core training provided on site
- Generous mileage allowance for client visits
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Death in Service Benefit
- Comprehensive Health and Well-Being package
- Organisational Recognition and Reward Scheme
Note: As well as a variety of hours available, we have a 25 hour fixed term post available for 6 months to cover maternity leave. Please also note that this is currently a residential service however will move to an outreach service in the future.