HH21/058, Support WorkerJob ref: HH21/058
- Job ref:
- Support Worker
- Hours per week:
- Various hours
- Rate of pay:
- £19,266 per annum
- Contract terms:
- Closing Date:
- 13 May 2021 23:59
Houston Court is an outreach service and operates 7 days per week between the hours of 7.00am – 10.00pm. The individual’s needs within these services cover a wide range including learning disabilities, complex needs, mental health and autism. The individuals have their own tenancies and require support to keep their homes safe, secure and how they would like it.
- The role of the Support Worker will include:
- Providing active support to enable individuals to achieve and manage their health and social care needs through a holistic and person centred approach.
- Provide support to individuals with day to day living, in order to help people achieve positive outcomes in life;
- Deliver a high standard of care to individuals in line with their care plans;
- Be positive, flexible and committed to making a difference.
- Possess an SVQ 2 in Health and Social Care or have the ability and willingness to work towards this qualification. Have the right values, behaviours and attitude to work effectively with people who need care and support;
- Be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post.
- Be a good communicator, both written and oral;
- Pension Scheme Savings Scheme
- PVG Costs paid in full
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible working patterns
- Free core training provided on site
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Death in Service Benefit